Friday, July 19, 2013

Victoria's Query Wishlist

Hello all!

I’m thrilled to announce that I’ve joined the amazing team here at the Bent Agency! I can’t wait to start reading your submissions. I thought it’d be helpful if I gave you all my query wishlist as a way to introduce myself. You can submit to me at lowesqueries@thebentagency.com

Please note that I am currently only representing titles intended for digital-first publishers.

Romance…
- My two must-haves for this are: 1. A fresh contemporary voice 2. A swoon-worthy male protagonist.
- I’d love to see contemporary, historical, romantic suspense, time-travel, really any genre of romance with the exception of paranormals.

Historical Fiction…
- I love well-researched, female-driven historicals that simultaneously educate and fascinate me.
- For novels set in the US, I have a special soft spot for the turn-of-the-century novel as well as those set during WW2.
- I also love historicals set in China or Japan. Please refer to anything written by Lisa See.
- This may not yet be considered historical but I also love stories set in late 20th century Middle East. Some of my all time favorite books include Khaled Hossieni’s A THOUSAND SPLENDID SUNS and Rohinton Mistry’s A FINE BALANCE.
- I’d love a good historical thriller or mystery. If you have one of these, please send it my way.
-However, I don’t particularly like medieval or regency historicals.

 YA Fiction…
- Especially contemporary YA romance.
- I’d also like a historical YA, again, preferably with a female perspective set in any of the aforementioned time periods.
- I only want fantasy that’s particularly creepy.

 New Adult Fiction…
- The most important thing for me for NA is an authentic, relatable voice

I’m also looking for:
-       Thrillers
-       Mystery
-       Humor
-   Women’s Fiction

Things I’m not looking for include:
-       Science Fiction
-       Adult fantasy
-       Non-fiction works
-       Middle-grade or Picture books

I look forward to reading your queries!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on joining Jenny's team. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete